Cabot School families, please join us for a joint School Council/PTO family event…
One School, One Book: Thank You Mr. Falker
Cabot teachers, CASP, parents and children will all be part of this fun, community-building evening related to Cabot’s core values and literacy based around the themes in the book, Thank You Mr. Falker by Patricia Polacco. Click here to learn more about this book.
- Cabot teachers will read the book to their classes prior to this event
- Parents and siblings are encouraged to read the book at home – please contact your child’s teacher to borrow a copy of the book
- Read-aloud sessions
- Strategies for reading to children
- Interactive writing installation
- Games and art project
- “Digital quilt” (created by Cabot students and the Understanding Our Differences program)
- “Birthday Wishes” 5th grade and CASP community service project
- Managing learning differences and challenges
Please consider donating one or more used books to Raising a Reader, an organization working to close the academic achievement gap by helping families of young children living in vulnerable communities develop, practice, and maintain habits of reading together at home. Click here to visit their website.
- Books should be appropriate for young children ages newborn to 5, picture books without a lot of text, books in other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, and French
- Sorry, we can’t accept books with rips or writing in them, commercial books (e.g., Disney, Nickelodeon, TV/movie characters), or religious/holiday books.
* Life-Long Learning *
* Respect for Self and Others *
* Commitment to School and Community *