- an $8.4 million operating override that includes the expansion of Zervas School, funds for roads and sidewalk repair, four additional police officers to manage traffic and safety concerns, the renovation of the hub of our fire department: Station 3 and department headquarters, and rising school enrollment.
- a $1.3 million debt exclusion override for Angier School
- a $1.7 million debt exclusion override for Cabot School
The package was separated into 3 ballot questions in order to meet state guidelines for school construction reimbursement, yet it should be considered as one unified effort to help build Newton’s future.
To learn more, visit the City of Newton’s website where you can
- Read Mayor Warren’s message
- Calculate your override package tax increase
- Download City’s Five Year Financial Forecast FY2014-2018
Click on the links below to download the following documents:
- CIP Presentation to the Board of Alderman (10/15/12)
- Five-Year Financial Power Point Plan FY2014-2018
Follow the story in the Newton Tab: