One great way to get involved at Cabot School and get to know your child’s teacher and classmates is to volunteer as a Room Parent. Every class needs 2-3 room parents, and while there is a breakdown of tasks, room parents generally work together to support their classroom in the following ways:
- act as an ambassador to new families who either start at the beginning of the year or join the classroom during the school year
- send PTO and classroom communications to parents via email
- coordinate authors’ breakfasts and other classroom gatherings (if requested)
- coordinate the end-of-the-year class/grade picnic
- organize a class gift at mid-year and/or at the end of the year
- organize social gatherings for classroom parents, if desired
Should you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Badeau, the Room Parent Coordinator.